Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2015/06/teatime-in-paris-review-salted-caramel-ganache-recipe/
© 2015 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
An easy, creamy salted caramel ganache used for filling macarons.
- 2g gelatin powder (or a 2g gelatine sheet)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g cream, warmed
- 60g unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- 150g mascarpone
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until a golden, syrupy caramel forms. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the cream in a separate pan or in the microwave.
- Turn down the heat on your sugar and add the warmed cream gradually (ensure it’s warm, otherwise you’ll have the boiling caramel spitting at you!)
- Take off the heat and melt in the butter, stirring the caramel with a wooden spoon.
- Add the gelatine. Leave to cool on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Add the salt and gradually whisk in the mascarpone until you have a smooth texture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. (I chilled this in the fridge overnight for a much firmer texture - easier to fill the macarons).