Join me in celebrate the third annual National Cupcake Day which benefits Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCAs) and Humane Societies across Canada. Originally launched by the RSPCA in New South Wales, Australia, National Cupcake Day began in Canada in 2013, and the initiative has since grown across the country year after year. This year’s program is sponsored by Pets Plus Us®, Agency59, BMO®, Hill’s® Science Diet® and Reynolds® Staybrite®.
National Cupcake Day is a collaborative fundraising effort supporting animal welfare societies across Canada. Showing your support has never been easier or tastier! Get involved by signing up online now at: www.nationalcupcakeday.ca, plan a cupcake party at work, home or school; get creative in the kitchen; and share, eat and enjoy your baked goodies while collecting donations to prevent cruelty to animals. All proceeds will support furry friends, big and small, who have been abused, abandoned or are in need of help.
Everyone is encouraged to become a National Cupcake Day Host and join animal-loving supporters who understand the importance of companion animals in our lives.
How to get involved in National Cupcake Day 2015
1. Register for free at: www.nationalcupcakeday.ca.
2. You will receive a free Cupcake Host Welcome Package in the mail,which includes a poster, sticker, balloons, fundraising guide and recipes to get you started
3. Personalize your National Cupcake Day Online Bakery page and send it out to everyone you know.
4. Encourage friends and family to support you by donating online.
5. Plan your National Cupcake Day Party for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat your cupcakes.
6. Bake, decorate, eat and share delicious cupcakes to raise funds for Canada’s SPCAs and Humane Societies.
7. Collect and forward funds to SPCAs and Humane Societies in your community (visit www.nationalcupcakeday.ca. for a list of who’s participating).
National Cupcake Day will help shelters across Canada give a surrendered animal a new forever home; rescue a neglected or abused animal and give it a second chance at a new life; and provide emergency surgery to injured animals.
“National Cupcake Day is celebrating its third year and it’s incredible to see how Canadians have been baking up a storm to show their support for animals in need,” says Alison Cross, Director, Marketing and Communications for Ontario SPCA, Provincial Office. “We invite all Canadians, be they animal lovers, bakers, or simply cupcake lovers to get involved in this very sweet cause and participate in National Cupcake Day.”
About SPCAs and Humane Societies
More than 100 SPCA and Humane Societies across Canada are participating in this year’s National Cupcake Day. These societies are dedicated to a variety of life saving work that may include: enforcing animal welfare legislation; rehabilitation and adoption for lost, abused and abandoned animals; advocacy for companion, wild and farm animals; and humane education.
Support me in helping animals in need
Like last year, and the year before, I’ll be participating virtually by baking cupcakes, posting the recipe here on National Cupcake Day, February 23rd, and sharing those cupcakes with my colleagues in return for donations. Of course, if you like the look of the recipe here that day, you’re encouraged to donate too.
If you’d like to visit my “online bakery”, we’re open for business already! Just head to my personal page (updated each year) on the National Cupcake Day website, where you will be able to donate to the cause.