Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2014/11/whats-cooking-cranberry-coconut-chocolate-cream-cheese-truffles/
© 2014 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Cranberry-coconut chocolate cream cheese truffles
Easy, make-ahead festive "truffles". With a creamy chocolately centre.
- 250g Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 225g Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- extra desiccated coconut for garnish
- Mix softened cream cheese with coconut and cranberries.
- Use a tablespoon measure to form approximately 18-20 1-1.5 inch truffle balls.
- Place cream cheese balls on a tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a bain marie or in the microwave (at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally)
- Dip the cream cheese balls in the melted chocolate, using two toothpicks to help you evenly coat the entire surface as you roll them around in the chocolate.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place on wax or parchment paper and sprinkle with extra coconut.