Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2014/02/whats-cooking-banana-bran-bread/
© 2014 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
1 hr 10 mins
A hearty banana bread packed with goodness that really satisfies!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Magic Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup large flake oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Butter a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
- Mix flour, baking powder, flax, oat bran, wheat germ and oats in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yoghurt, milk and honey until well combined.
- Gently stir the bananas into the wet ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (I usually start checking my loaf after 45 minutes).
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on wire cooling rack until completely cooled.