Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2013/10/fresh-facts-about-produce-waste-in-canada-and-banana-bread-with-chocolate-chips/
© 2013 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Banana bread with chocolate chips
Banana bread with chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast. Or anytime!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly oil a 9″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, flax meal, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and oil.
- Gently fold in the mashed bananas.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, and gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin. Serve warm.
- The loaf keeps well for a few days – to freshen it up, pop a slice in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds.