Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/06/for-my-dad-favourite-twice-baked-potatoes/
© 2012 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Twice-baked potatoes with bacon, green onions and almonds
1 hour 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The ultimate twice-baked potato - stuffed with bacon, green onions, almonds and cheesy mashed potatoes with Greek yogurt.
- 2 Klondike Rose potatoes
- 2 rashers bacon, finely diced (reserve a little for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Gruyère cheese, grated (reserve a little for garnish)
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds (reserve a little for garnish)
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (reserve a little for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack and bake for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon cubes until not quite crispy.
- Cut a largish lid off the potatoes and scoop out flesh (be careful they are hot!).
- Mash the potato with the butter, Greek yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper and mix till well combined.
- Add the bacon, cheese, almonds and green onions.
- Stuff the potato shells with the mashed potato mixture, pressing the filling into the shell.
- Top with remaining bacon, onions, almonds and cheese.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese on top is bubbling and the inside is hot when a skewer is inserted.
- Serve with a green salad.