Welcome Natalie from Natalie’s Killer Cuisine!
This is my first guest blog, so I am a bit nervous. I have finally started feeling comfortable writing on my own blog, but another one? Its like sleeping in your bed every night then having to sleep in another unfamiliar bed. You are a bit uncomfortable and not accustomed.
I also thought as soon as I started typing, I don’t even know where Mardi is from! At the moment she is on the other side of the world (jealous!) but where is she going home too? So you know what I realized? It doesn’t matter which city, country or continent she is from. Doesn’t matter what language is spoken, because sugar and butter is a universal language! Everyone loves dessert, so that is what I would like to share with Mardi and her readers, one of my favorite desserts!
A dessert that is sugary…. buttery… and not to mention easy!
1 cup butter; room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 375
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla & mix well.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt & soda & stir with a whisk to combine. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread on a greased baking sheet (use a 13 x 18 pan).
3. Bake for 20 – 25 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting and frosting.
(or use your favorite buttercream recipe)
1 cup butter, room temp
3 TBS cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
3 TBS milk
food coloring (if desired)
1. Combine the butter and cream cheese and cream until smooth. Add vanilla and salt and cream until incorporated.
2. Add the powdered sugar in 1 cup increments then add milk until smooth and spreadable.
3. Divide into separate bowls and color if desired.