T’is the season for getting together with friends and family and those gatherings inevitably involve food! There’s no doubt that food = community but with today’s busy lifestyles, it’s more important than ever to make sure we stop and gather around a table and share a meal with family and/ or friends – and not […]
France. Cheese. Wine. Sounds like the perfect combination, right? But have you ever stood in a wine or cheese store in France and been so overwhelmed that you simply don’t know what to choose? There are something like 400+ cheeses (and wines???) in France so choosing one can be challenging especially if you don’t know […]
Sadly this will be the final post about my recent trip to Kelowna although I definitely don’t feel that 5 posts has done it justice. In just 2 1/2 days whilst we covered a lot of ground, we didn’t have time to visit every winery, store, farm, restaurant, bar etc.. although we did pretty well […]
- a post by Neil Phillips On Friday, May 9th the winners of the 2014 Ontario Wine Awards were announced at a gala evening in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Founded by Tony Aspler in 1995, the program was designed to highlight the quality wines coming out of Ontario. Two decades years later, one could argue that little […]
Recipe for Change 2013, which took place on Thursday February 28th in the historic North Building of the St Lawrence Market, was a special evening: a full meal composed of tasting plates from 30 of Toronto’s top chefs and beverage accompaniments (30 VQA wines and nine local beers) and a wonderful opportunity to support FoodShare’s […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs make Jamie Oliver’s spaghetti bolognese
- Cher on Sign it. Share it. Fighting for food education for every child.
- Cakelaw on French Fridays with Dorie: Next-day Beef Salad
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Next-day Beef Salad
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Next-day Beef Salad