When I saw this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe involved beets I wasn’t too excited. Beets and I have a love-hate relationship, starting with hate when I was very young and the only beets I ever knew were from a can. Eew! I have had some spectacular beets in the past year or so, […]
There’s really not much to say about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe. Garlicky crumb-coated broccoli (p 334) was a huge hit with me. All week. I made this dish at least 3 times because I found it incredibly difficult to photograph (and clearly didn’t quite “get it” after so many tries!). Normally I […]
The February 2011 Daring Cooks’ challenge was hosted by Lisa of Blueberry Girl. She challenged Daring Cooks to make Hiyashi Soba and Tempura. She has various sources for her challenge including japanesefood.about.com, pinkbites.com, and itsybitsyfoodies.com. I was excited to see this month’s Daring Cooks was something a little lighter than last month’s Cassoulet. Another bonus […]
We interrupt this Road Trip and its gourmandises for a much-needed post about … salad. Yes, dad this is for you. How you can have lived with a wife and at least one daughter who would live on salad if they had the choice and still find it boring is beyond me. So I am […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month