“Herbaceous.” That’s how this week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish (“Green as spring” veal stew, p 262) was described by one of our guests last weekend who was treated to an “experimental” (as in, I’d never made 90% of the dishes we served!) dinner party. What’s that you say – you serve food at dinner […]
Believe it or not, I barely made any changes to this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Veal Chops with Rosemary Butter, p268). It looked like a simple dish and who am I to mess with simple flavours, especially when they are Dorie-approved. As she says, you don’t have to do much to make a […]
Aaah, Charcutepalooza. You and your July challenge (emulsified sausages). You just about did me in. Literally. Our relationship started out so promising – I mean, hot on the heels of June’s successful sausage stuffing party, (perhaps too close – just a week in between as I needed to complete this before leaving for Europe) I […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): (kinda sorta) Philadelphia Blueberry Corn Tart
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos