A couple of years ago, we were passing through Bangkok en route back from Laos (please excuse the photos in the Laos posts! Was a very newbie photog at that point!) for one night only and had the great fortune to dine with our “local” English (but based in Bangkok) guide at Jok Phochana. Both […]
On my recent trip to Montreal, a definite highlight for me was the Marché Jean Talon. Normally when I travel, seeking out local markets is one of the first things I do either before or as soon as I arrive. Nothing like a little food shopping action to totally immerse yourself in the (food) culture […]
I just spent a whirlwind weekend (Friday evening to late Sunday afternoon) in Montreal as a guest of Tourisme Montréal. I’ve got a few posts writing themselves in my head but in the meantime, enjoy a sneak peek of some of the delightful eats and drinks we partook in (yeah it’s a hard life but […]
You must know by now that I am a huge fan of walking tours, especially in my favourite city, Paris. This past summer, I had the fortune to take part in the Context Paris Chocolate Walk, the La Cuisine Paris Sweet Walk of the Marais and the La Cuisine Paris “Bellies on Foot” tour of […]
In 1995 when I first moved to Paris, I unwittingly moved myself into into the thick of Emile Zola’s “Belly of Paris” very close to Les Halles in the 2ième arrondissement near the rue Montorgueil (definitely not as trendy back then as it is now). Perhaps this was my attempt to be at one with […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month