Keep up with me this summer through my Summer 2011 Flickr set.
Our Daring Cooks’ May hostess, Denise, of There’s a Newf in My Soup!, challenged us to make Gumbo! She provided us with all the recipes we’d need, from creole spices, homemade stock, and Louisiana white rice, to Drew’s Chicken & Smoked Sausage Gumbo and Seafood Gumbo from My New Orleans: The Cookbook, by John Besh. […]
For this second round of Project Food Blog 2010 (thanks, by the way for voting me through!), the challenge is to tackle a classic dish from another culture that is outside our comfort zone or that we are less familiar with. I’ve chosen to introduce you all to a classic from Lao cuisine that I […]
On leaving Yosemite National Park, we headed for Gold Country. We made our base in Placerville (pronounced PLASS-er-ville; formerly Old Dry Diggings, Dry Diggings, and Hangtown), California. Its current name comes from the placer gold deposits, found in its river beds in the late 1840s. We picked up a self-guided walking tour of the Main […]
Spaghettini with tomatoes, lemon, feta and pine nuts Serves 4 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Ingredients – 6 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, diced (or 1 796ml can diced tomatoes) – 4 tablespoons olive oil – 4 cloves garlic, minced – salt and pepper to taste – zest and juice of 2 lemons – 6 […]
what are you looking for?
- Mushrooms Canada on Mushroom bourguignon vol au vents
- Mardi Michels on Vegetarian chili with butternut squash and wheat berries
- A Dozen Insanely Delicious Deviled Eggs - Written Reality on Wasabi devilled eggs
- Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours on Vegetarian chili with butternut squash and wheat berries
- 5 Food and Movie Pairings to Delight Your Senses | Feeln Blog - Stream Movies Together on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month