Madeleines. Little spongey traditional French cakes, baked in a shell-shaped pan. Classique. Subject of much discussion in one recipe testing session last summer at La Cuisine Paris. As in, should they be baked for 7, 8 or 9 minutes? Did people prefer the lighter colour or more golden? So many questions. But oh, so delicious! […]
Oreos. Something I didn’t grow up eating. Something I don’t particularly like. At least not the packaged version. So when I got the chance to try Thomas Keller’s version from the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook, I couldn’t wait. The kind folks at Thomas Allen provided me with a sneak peek of the cookbook (you can get […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on French Fridays with Dorie: Next-day Beef Salad
- Mardi Michels on What’s Cooking? Slow-roasted tomato and mozzarella pizza
- April @ Girl Gone Gourmet on What’s Cooking? Slow-roasted tomato and mozzarella pizza
- Candy on French Fridays with Dorie: Next-day Beef Salad
- Mardi Michels on French Fridays with Dorie: Cabbage and Foie Gras Bundles