Madeleines. Little spongey traditional French cakes, baked in a shell-shaped pan. Classique. Subject of much discussion in one recipe testing session last summer at La Cuisine Paris. As in, should they be baked for 7, 8 or 9 minutes? Did people prefer the lighter colour or more golden? So many questions. But oh, so delicious! […]
Oreos. Something I didn’t grow up eating. Something I don’t particularly like. At least not the packaged version. So when I got the chance to try Thomas Keller’s version from the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook, I couldn’t wait. The kind folks at Thomas Allen provided me with a sneak peek of the cookbook (you can get […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: Coffee crème brûlée from My Paris Kitchen
- Lonely Planet Kids: First Words (French) and Pop up Paris
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Lemon Meringue Tart A New Way
- French Fridays: How to make a French Family by Samantha Vérant
- Giveaway: Win a copy of How to Make a French Family by Samantha Verant (US/ Canada) (Closed)