Madeleines. Little spongey traditional French cakes, baked in a shell-shaped pan. Classique. Subject of much discussion in one recipe testing session last summer at La Cuisine Paris. As in, should they be baked for 7, 8 or 9 minutes? Did people prefer the lighter colour or more golden? So many questions. But oh, so delicious! […]
Oreos. Something I didn’t grow up eating. Something I don’t particularly like. At least not the packaged version. So when I got the chance to try Thomas Keller’s version from the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook, I couldn’t wait. The kind folks at Thomas Allen provided me with a sneak peek of the cookbook (you can get […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on Les Petits Chefs work magic in the kitchen with John Placko
- Food Revolution Day 2015: Fighting for Food Education | Food Bloggers of Canada on Fighting for Food Education: Food Revolution Day 2015
- Pam M on ANZAC biscuits for the Gallipoli centenary
- EmilyC on French Fridays with Dorie: Sardine Escabeche
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Sardine Escabeche