Aren’t these amazing? Gorgeous, puff pastry apple tarts made by boys aged 10 – 13 in just under an hour! Cool, huh? Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while will know that I don’t think kids necessarily need their own special cookbooks – just some well-written recipes which teach them […]
Are you like me and associate apples with the Fall? Perhaps it’s the teacher in me – I always think of apples as being a September “thing” – but did you realise that in Ontario, apples are available nearly year round? Nope, me neither until quite recently. I also hadn’t realised how many different types […]
I approached this week’s French Fridays with Dorie with trepidation… Gérard’s Mustard Tart (pp 154-156). Requiring pastry. Pastry and I are not friends. But I was determined to give it a go, with Dorie cheering me on over Twitter! The pastry seemed a little dry. Maybe my butter was too cold? I was careful to […]
what are you looking for?
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Coco in the Kitchen on What’s cooking? Mini chicken pot pies