So, I am pretty sure that by now you have realised that my recent trip to Puebla wasn’t just about exploring a relatively untouched-by-tourists archeological site. Or learning about (and buying) beautiful ceramics. Or even just about learning how to make authentic mole with Chef Alonso Hernandez. No, this trip to Puebla coincided with the […]
See that up there? Yeah, the beautiful blue and white ceramic tiles? The ones I WISH I had enough of to tile our being-renovated-as-I-type-this-bathroom (thanks Neil for being there to supervise!)? Well those seemingly ubiquitous “Mexican tiles” are much more unique than I realised – being Talavera pieces. Talavera is a distinct type of […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: The Only Street in Paris: Life on the rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino
- Giveaway: Win a copy of The Only Street in Paris: Life on the rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino (worldwide)
- Chocolate melting moments
- French Fridays: A l’étoile d’or (Paris)
- Les Petits Chefs make a meal from the pantry