The focus for this year’s Food Revolution Day was about sharing the power of cooking, the benefits of cooking from scratch and, ultimately showing people that changing our food choices can make us both healthier and happier. Instead of one official recipe as there has been in years past, this year, we have a set of […]
The Petits Chefs worked with edamame last week for their #52NewFoods Challenge. A lot of them had tried the edamame in pods that you get in Japanese restaurants and told me they loved it (though one of them said “it’s because it’s salty” – I like that they are starting to realise what adds taste […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is a great example of how a few simple ingredients with a simple preparation can really shine as a dish. The Pipérade Stir Fry (p 341) is a version of the Basque specialty of pipérade – prepared with onion, green peppers and tomatoes sautéed with piment d’Espelette (and yes, the […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: Sweet & Simple by Christine Lane
- Giveaway: Win a signed copy of Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane (Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!