It’s a short and sweet French Fridays with Dorie this week. I made this week’s recipe – Navarin Printanier (pp 281 – 282 ) over the Easter weekend and took a few shortcuts since we seemed to be cooking for most of that weekend – by the time I got to this, I was exhausted. […]
Our Daring Cooks’ May hostess, Denise, of There’s a Newf in My Soup!, challenged us to make Gumbo! She provided us with all the recipes we’d need, from creole spices, homemade stock, and Louisiana white rice, to Drew’s Chicken & Smoked Sausage Gumbo and Seafood Gumbo from My New Orleans: The Cookbook, by John Besh. […]
I was excited to read that this month’s Kitchen Bootcamp challenge was braising and stewing. There’s nothing like a little braising to tender up even the toughest cut of meat and who doesn’t like a good stew in the winter? I was a little bit inspired by a couple of things this month – firstly, […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen