“Herbaceous.” That’s how this week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish (“Green as spring” veal stew, p 262) was described by one of our guests last weekend who was treated to an “experimental” (as in, I’d never made 90% of the dishes we served!) dinner party. What’s that you say – you serve food at dinner […]
Garbure, huh? Yes, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (garbure, p 86) is a hearty old stew with a ham hock, cabbage and a whole host of other veggies including white beans, turnips, carrots and potatoes. There’s also a duck leg and some garlic sausage. Pure comfort food and perfect for this ridiculous winter. […]
what are you looking for?
- Food Revolution Ambassador Monthly Challenge for November 2014: Slow cooker curried squash soup and Naan
- French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Les Petits Chefs visit Lisa Marie (and a Street Food Diaries giveaway!)
- Mastering the Art of French Eating now in paperback (and a giveaway!)
- Risotto-stuffed squash (and a giveaway)