It’s been a little hectic since I got back from France just over 2 weeks ago. I had a few quiet days to myself then last weekend I headed off across the country as a guest of Via Rail on The Canadian (more about this soon but you can check out my iPhone pictures from […]
Not much to say about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Lemon-steamed spinach, p 331) except that it’s my new favourite way to enjoy spinach. I steamed baby spinach with a drizzle of olive oil and a generous dusting of lemon zest and made sure that it was not over-cooked. I served it with […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Brown sugar squash and Brussels sprouts en papillote, p 352) was sans controversy (after the great plastic wrap mystery from 3 weeks ago and the odd fusion dish from last week…). Well sans controversy unless you count me not having foil or enough parchment paper to make little […]
Uh oh. That’s what I thought when I saw this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Herb-speckled spaetzle, p 372). Not because I don’t like spaetzle (basically little dumplings) but because I don’t own any thing that can successfully make the spaetzle the correct shape (see here, they’re supposed to be little squiggly thin things). I […]
I was so happy to see this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Go-with-everything celery root purée, p 254) pop up! I am a huge fan of mashed potatoes, though Neil is not, so I was keen to try this and see what he thought (I knew I would like it!). It’s a simple recipe, […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!