So um yeah. It’s been busy around here lately. Well, not maybe the blog but my life. I seem to be wearing about 10 different hats and working on 10 billion projects (all will be revealed soon, don’t worry!) and no, it’s not an exaggeration. Well maybe just a little In any case, I am […]
Oh look, another French Fridays with Dorie with fish… Specifically, salmon which is the fish I like least. But no matter. In the interests of the Dorie mission, I went ahead and made this Roasted Salmon with Lentils (pp 300-301) anyway, knowing that Neil and Cleo would enjoy the fish and I would enjoy the […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Salmon and potatoes in a jar, pp 182-184) might have been a challenge for me, but for the fact that I was able to make it in France and serve it to two people who love salmon (unlike me!). I was excited to make this because I am […]
This post is about the making of a sandwich. Michael Ruhlman’s eggs Benedict from scratch, to be specific. When he posted about it the day before this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge (hot smoking) was announced, I wondered if smoked bacon might figure and was delighted that it did! Neil and I decided to smoke some salmon […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- S on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Diane M. on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Coco in the Kitchen on Cookbook Book Club: #dinnerwithNigella
- Nicole C on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)