Having been skeptical before, then pleasantly surprised by a savoury sablé (David Lebovitz’ seaweed sablés) on another French Friday, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Pierre Herme’s Olive Sables, p 12)was one I was looking forward to a lot. Salty olives in a sweet shortbread – has to be be good, right? To be […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie introduced me to cocoa sablés (pp 402-403) – basically a chocolate shortbread, studded with finely chopped dark chocolate. It’s buttery and melts in your mouth, even cut thick like Dorie suggests (she calls them “substantial”), though she does say that if you cut them thinner, you can make ice […]
what are you looking for?
- Ketty on A tour of the Marché d’Aligre (Paris) with Context Paris
- Mr. Neil on A tour of the Marché d’Aligre (Paris) with Context Paris
- Context Travel on A tour of the Marché d’Aligre (Paris) with Context Paris
- Mr. Neil on A cheese and wine workshop at La Cuisine Paris
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Gâteau Basque