Hurrah – it’s summer! It’s rosé season (finally!), although in the South West of France, it always seems to be rosé season! I can’t wait to be there next week but in the meantime, there are a lot of items to cross off that “to do” list – administrative things for school, packing, catching up […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe (Rose Fraisier, p 103) was a perfect way to celebrate the arrival (finally!) of local strawberries. The Fraisier is a traditional French dessert – “it’s always a layer cake and the layers are never covered, because you’re meant to see the berries, cut, so their beautiful centers are clearly […]
I’ve known about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Ispahan Cake Loaf, p 440) for a while now and just as well, because sourcing the rose extract and rose syrup was a little challenging for those of us in Canada. I ended up sourcing the rose syrup at O Gourmet and Olive Nation carries […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen