Rice. Pudding. Two words to strike fear into my heart and, unfortunately, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe. Rice pudding with caramel apples (p. 429) to be exact. Not sure when exactly my dislike for rice pudding started and I am not sure exactly what it is about this dish I don’t like but […]
It’s Fathers’ Day here in Canada today. But not in Australia. Which means that when it IS Fathers’ day in Australia (that would be September), where my Dad lives, I ALWAYS forget. So in an attempt to jump the gun and be proactive, today I am posting a dish just for my dad. My dad […]
Rice. Such a versatile grain with so many different varieties. Nutrient rich and naturally gluten-free, rice is one of my favourite starches to work with. So naturally I was extremely happy to be invited to participate in the USA (Brown) Rice Blogger Challenge where I received three samples of brown rice with which to create […]
Those of you who read this blog regularly will know that I am fortunate to have been able to obtain sponsors whose generosity allowed me to attend IFBC in Seattle this past August. I’ve been wanting to get to work on some USA Rice recipes for a while now and last week, I decided why […]
Jamie Oliver’s Pea and Mint Soup Jamie says: A delicious soup which is lovely hot, or cold with a squeeze of lemon juice in the summer. My wife likes hers with a portion of fries on the side, to dip into the soup – naughty but nice! Serves 6-8 2 carrots 2 celery stalks 2 […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway