I’ve known about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Ispahan Cake Loaf, p 440) for a while now and just as well, because sourcing the rose extract and rose syrup was a little challenging for those of us in Canada. I ended up sourcing the rose syrup at O Gourmet and Olive Nation carries […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (coeur à la crème, p 425) was one I’d been waiting to try. It’s a recipe I know very well – my mum used to make these when I was in my teens, for dinner parties (we entertained a LOT – must be where I get the love […]
Hurrah! After last week’s pie with a lid for Tuesdays with Dorie, this week was much more my speed – a rustic galette filled with mixed berries (p 377). Sadly though in my attempt to be organised for Tuesdays with Dorie, I accidentally bought the ingredients for this week’s crust last week and then this […]
Yeah yeah yeah, it’s Mardi Gras. Fat Tuesday. The day I used to dread when I was little because, you just KNOW that other little kids delighted in calling me “Fat Tuesday”. In any case, I’m kinda sorta over that and instead of sulking in a corner, I am embracing Mardi Gras and celebrating – […]
How excited was I to see Dorie’s Nutella Tartine (p 414-415) listed as this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe? Pretty excited that’s for sure! Apart from the fact that I have already made it and absolutely loved it, I just happened to have a gorgeous loaf of white bread on hand from this week’s […]
what are you looking for?
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Coco in the Kitchen on What’s cooking? Mini chicken pot pies