Last week Les Petits Chefs worked with quinoa as their #52NewFoods ingredient. Only a handful of them told me they had eaten it before although many of them knew it as a “salad ingredient”. The recipe we were using from the 52 New Foods Challenge book was a simple patty – made up of quinoa, […]
In the long lazy days of summer, it’s easy to get caught up in eating salad. I love a good salad, especially a “loaded one” – I love the types you get here in France with lettuce leaves, tomatoes, vegetables, potatoes, cheese and some kind of meat – they are indeed, a meal in a […]
In this season of over-indulgence, it’s sometimes hard to eat right so today I am delighted to draw your attention to Ancient Grains for Modern Meals by Maria Speck. Selected by The New York Times as “a best summer cookbook” as well as one of “This Year’s Notable Cookbooks”, Ancient Grains for Modern Meals has […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: Sweet & Simple by Christine Lane
- Giveaway: Win a signed copy of Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane (Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!