It’s a bit shameful that I didn’t get around to making this – the easiest of all soups – until Saturday of this week, when I received the recipe on Monday. It literally took me 5 minutes to throw together, about 20 minutes of cooking (I chopped the potatoes and leeks very very small to […]
When I saw that Jen had challenged us to work with potatoes this month for Kitchen Bootcamp, I knew immediately what I wanted to make. Lately, I have been craving little golden baked puffs of potato-ey perfection – I was reading a vintage cookbook and came across a picture and it brought me back to […]
This Friday’s French Fridays with Dorie will be short and sweet. Broth Braised potatoes (page 358) is what I generally do when I boil new potatoes anyway – instead of using plain water, these potatoes are boiled in a broth, enhanced with garlic, lemon zest, bay leaves, rosemary, sage and thyme. A couple of simple […]
It’s going to be a real quick French Fridays with Dorie post this week. The recipes for this month were not posted until Monday which, for this planner-aheader doesn’t work so well. Not to mention it’s barely light when I get home from work so the chances of taking decent photos are definitely somewhat reduced. […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Salmon and potatoes in a jar, pp 182-184) might have been a challenge for me, but for the fact that I was able to make it in France and serve it to two people who love salmon (unlike me!). I was excited to make this because I am […]
what are you looking for?
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Paula on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!