As a teacher, when I look around a classroom and see the students are just getting on with what they are supposed to be doing, meaning, I don’t actually have to do anything, I feel guilty. Why? Because those times when I can sit back and just observe my students (which is also an important […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Fresh orange pork tenderloin, p 273) included a couple of firsts for me. Not because of the pork with fruit combo – that’s a no-brainer for me. But, firstly, because I NEVER think that a pork tenderloin is going to be a “quick meal” – mostly because many […]
Les Petits Chefs are lucky guys. First, that so many Toronto chefs and foodies are willing to donate their time (and often ingredients) to come and work with them in our science lab, but also that so many of them want to come back and work with them again and again. Case in point – […]
This week, Les Petits Chefs once again had the great pleasure of working with Chef Vanessa Yeung, of Aphrodite Cooks. She’s been in working with the club before, once making ginger chicken potstickers and vegetarian water dumplings and another time making dumplings and mango salad. Well apparently little boys LOVE dumplings because on the way […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish – chard stuffed pork roast (pp 276 – 277) – just happened to coincide with the weekend of our final Charcutepalooza meal so really, the last thing I felt like cooking was a pork roast LOL! But being the dutiful Dorista that I am, I ploughed on through […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway