It seems fitting that I am writing about clafoutis – this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (whole-cherry clafoutis, p 452) from Camont in Gascony, home of the fabulous Kate Hill – where I watched as she prepared the most amazing peach clafoutis exactly a year ago. I’d never really been into clafoutis until last […]
Long before I was blogging, I was reading food blogs. Some of the first blogs I read are still amongst the blogs I read today – including Smitten Kitchen. Deb Perelman’s honest, clever writing, her recipes that always work and her gorgeous pictures have kept me coming back for years now. And clearly I am […]
My Nana Russell would have been 100 today. This post is for her. Nana’s was the generation who lived through the war, those people who are careful with food and spending, making every penny count and never ever throwing away even the tiniest scrap of leftovers. With four children to feed, Nana had to be […]
The theme of this month’s #baketogether with Abby Dodge was Summer Fruit Cake. Surrounded by so much fruit in Paris, I had, as they say here “l’embarras du choix” (so much to choose from) in terms of fruit but I couldn’t get out of my head the plum cake my Nana used to make using […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month