It seems fitting that I am writing about clafoutis – this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (whole-cherry clafoutis, p 452) from Camont in Gascony, home of the fabulous Kate Hill – where I watched as she prepared the most amazing peach clafoutis exactly a year ago. I’d never really been into clafoutis until last […]
Long before I was blogging, I was reading food blogs. Some of the first blogs I read are still amongst the blogs I read today – including Smitten Kitchen. Deb Perelman’s honest, clever writing, her recipes that always work and her gorgeous pictures have kept me coming back for years now. And clearly I am […]
My Nana Russell would have been 100 today. This post is for her. Nana’s was the generation who lived through the war, those people who are careful with food and spending, making every penny count and never ever throwing away even the tiniest scrap of leftovers. With four children to feed, Nana had to be […]
The theme of this month’s #baketogether with Abby Dodge was Summer Fruit Cake. Surrounded by so much fruit in Paris, I had, as they say here “l’embarras du choix” (so much to choose from) in terms of fruit but I couldn’t get out of my head the plum cake my Nana used to make using […]
what are you looking for?
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Coco in the Kitchen on What’s cooking? Mini chicken pot pies