On leaving Yosemite National Park, we headed for Gold Country. We made our base in Placerville (pronounced PLASS-er-ville; formerly Old Dry Diggings, Dry Diggings, and Hangtown), California. Its current name comes from the placer gold deposits, found in its river beds in the late 1840s. We picked up a self-guided walking tour of the Main […]
Tag Archives | placerville
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: Salted butter caramel-chocolate mousse from My Paris Kitchen
- Les Petits Chefs visit Langdon Hall
- Book review: The Only Street in Paris: Life on the rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino
- Giveaway: Win a copy of The Only Street in Paris: Life on the rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino (worldwide)
- Chocolate melting moments