A few weeks ago at the Roncesvalles Polish Festival, I ate a pierogi pizza from Pizzeria Defina. It was seriously good and no it didn’t have pierogies on top of it – rather it had bacon, potatoes and some cheese on a lovely thin crust. I’d been thinking about it trying to recreate it since […]
Well now. A lattice tart for this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie (Raspberry-Fig Crostata, page 374)? A pastry made with almond flour and sesame seeds? Both sounded a little challenging considering I haven’t baked (well, properly baked following a recipe) for a while now. But I just put on my pastry head, channelled my inner Kate […]
We made it! Today is the final day of school and it’s with a hint of sadness that I am posting this, the last Petits Chefs post for the 2012-2013 school year. I’ll miss the guys over the summer but I can’t wait to head to Paris in a couple of weeks to learn a […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was one I couldn’t wait to try. Blueberry Nectarine Pie (p 384) couldn’t have come at a better time – I’m in Paris with access to beautiful fruit and I loved the idea of slightly tart blueberries with juicy sweet nectarines. But in a pie? Hmmm… Now don’t take […]
I’m going to show you how to put a whole meal on the table in a matter of minutes! Not just one dish, a whole spread of beautiful things – Jamie Oliver in “Meals in Minutes” Right then. Clearly Jamie is not cooking in a science lab with 11 little boys under the age of […]
what are you looking for?
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Paula on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!