Fall has definitely taken hold over these past few weeks. The days are shorter and it’s dark not only when I get up but also when I come home. I’m craving comfort food but often that means dishes that require long, slow cook times and when you get home from work on a long day, […]
This month for the Cookbook Book Club, Jan, Jenn and I did something a little different. In case you are new to the blog, the Cookbook Book Club is my once a month “cooking from the same cookbook” meal with Jan from Family Bites and Jenn from Chocolate Shavings. We’ve already had dinner with Marcella, […]
You might remember late last year Les Petits Chefs made Mexican Caesar Salads from the “Save with Jamie” book – and it was a huge hit, like all of the recipes I have made from the book so far. Well for this week’s session I wanted to make something the boys all know and love […]
A few weeks ago at the Roncesvalles Polish Festival, I ate a pierogi pizza from Pizzeria Defina. It was seriously good and no it didn’t have pierogies on top of it – rather it had bacon, potatoes and some cheese on a lovely thin crust. I’d been thinking about it trying to recreate it since […]
Well now. A lattice tart for this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie (Raspberry-Fig Crostata, page 374)? A pastry made with almond flour and sesame seeds? Both sounded a little challenging considering I haven’t baked (well, properly baked following a recipe) for a while now. But I just put on my pastry head, channelled my inner Kate […]
what are you looking for?
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples