To say I wasn’t excited about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (tuna-packed piquillo peppers, p174) would be an understatement. Tuna is one of those fish I simply cannot eat in any form – fresh or canned. It will always remind me of the dreaded “Tuna Mornay” that we used to have to eat […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Chicken Basquaise, p 201) was a perfect dish to share with friends a couple of weekends ago when the weather started to turn autumnal. A slow cooked dish it involves chicken cooked in piperade. Piper-what??? Piperade is a traditional Basque dish – according to Dorie in the Washington […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was supposed to be Crab and Grapefruit Salad (pp 134-135) but when I came to make it, I realised that I had shrimp in the freezer and figured it would be just as good. I’m all about using up what we have in the fridge right now so […]
Did you know – together we can work towards fixing the food system? Join people around the world in a week of action on food, this week – October 15-22, 2011 – Oxfam’s GROW week. This week is an opportunity to celebrate food and the people who produce it. The GROW campaign is calling for changes […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote