Paris – what? I hear you asking about the name of this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Paris-Brest, p 475). Basically, it’s a large choux-pastry ring, filled with crème pâtissière, created in 1891 to commemorate the Paris–Brest bicycle race. It’s supposed to represent a bicycle wheel and apparently became popular with riders on the […]
Tag Archives | Paris-Brest
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen
- A wander through the Marché Victor Hugo (Toulouse)
- The Everyday Baker: Pies and Tarts