This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is sheer brilliance. This onion carbonara (p 153) made with steamed onions instead of pasta is as delicious as it is unusual and reminded me a lot of Alsatian tarte flambée minus the pastry base. I whipped this up in just under 30 minutes one Saturday for a […]
Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday season filled with friends, food and relaxation. Burma was quite the trip and I’m still a little jetlagged with thousands of pictures to sort through but if you want a sneak peek, I have complied a set in Flickr of the “on the go” […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Saint Germain des Prés onion biscuits – was clearly not meant to be. Unless, of course you live in Australia where the above ^^^^^ is a perfectly acceptable rendition of what one might consider a “biscuit”. However, Dorie was not referring to what North Americans might call […]
Next up in my Canadian Tire Kitchen Crew series of missions? Test out the Black and Decker Convection Rotisserie Toaster Oven. Yes, you read that right – a “rotisserie toaster oven”. Sounds like an oxymoron, no? I was quite intrigued to test the rotisserie part of the oven. Since my Mission was as follows: Thanksgiving. […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen