Thankful this week for an easy French Fridays with Dorie recipe (herbed olives p 16). Olives macerated in olive oil flavoured with rosemary, thyme, coriander, black peppercorns, fennel seeds, garlic, bay leaves and chile flakes with a little orange zest in there for good measure – the easiest hors d’oeuvre ever! These were lovely just […]
Uh huh, so yeah, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was a lovely sounding Salmon with Basil Tapenade (p 299). Lovely if you like salmon. Which I don’t. If I was at home I would have made this for Mr Neil but since I am not (and I was shopping for this on Monday […]
I’ve been in Mexico for five days, exploring Puebla with the Mexican Tourism Board. You know, Puebla, the home of mole poblano. And other delicious treats like chulupas, chilaquiles, sopa poblana, cemitas and cremitas (don’t worry you’ll find out more soon!). In any case, it’s quite fitting that this month’s Kitchen Bootcamp challenge was salads […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe, pissaladière is a version of pizza, popular in southern France, topped with caramelized (nearly puréed) onions, garlic, olives and anchovies. Anchovies being one of my least favourite foods in the world, I switched these out for some oven roasted tomatoes (the last few from this summer’s crop), and […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen