Today marks the beginning of the FOURTH YEAR of French Fridays with Dorie! I know, right? Where did the time go? For me, that’s three years of not missing one single week and I was kind of looking forward to maybe heading into Year 4 with something like, you know, a cake. To celebrate, right? […]
I love recipes that can be put together in about 15 minutes, helpful for when you realise you’ve made the wrong Dorie recipe this week and you have only a few hours of sunlight left to get the correct recipe made and photographed in time! This “bread” (though it’s more like a savoury pound cake) […]
Having been skeptical before, then pleasantly surprised by a savoury sablé (David Lebovitz’ seaweed sablés) on another French Friday, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Pierre Herme’s Olive Sables, p 12)was one I was looking forward to a lot. Salty olives in a sweet shortbread – has to be be good, right? To be […]
Thankful this week for an easy French Fridays with Dorie recipe (herbed olives p 16). Olives macerated in olive oil flavoured with rosemary, thyme, coriander, black peppercorns, fennel seeds, garlic, bay leaves and chile flakes with a little orange zest in there for good measure – the easiest hors d’oeuvre ever! These were lovely just […]
Uh huh, so yeah, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was a lovely sounding Salmon with Basil Tapenade (p 299). Lovely if you like salmon. Which I don’t. If I was at home I would have made this for Mr Neil but since I am not (and I was shopping for this on Monday […]
what are you looking for?
- Maria on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Leslie R on Sweet potato, balsamic-caramelized onion and goat cheese galette
- Pam M on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Chocolate Shavings on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Mardi Michels on Tarte flambée, Flammekueche, Flammkuchen