I made this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Chicken, apples and cream à la Normande, p 218) last weekend and it was so delicious that I KNEW I had to try it out with my Petits Chefs (on the heels of their successful foray into The Smitten Kitchen). It’s a simple dish – pan […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Mushroom and Shallot Quiche, p 162) was a gift. So easy, so tasty and I just happened to have some leftover whole-wheat pastry in the fridge needing to be used up! Add to that, the fact that I most always have mushrooms, shallots, eggs, cream and cheese on hand […]
I’m absolutely thrilled to have been asked to contribute the official recipe to the Mushrooms Canada GO PINK campaign again this year. If you’re in Canada, watch for the PINK tray packs of fresh Canadian mushroom with a PINK ribbon on the label during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October 2012. Mushroom growers across Canada […]
What, it’s September 4th? Summer’s over? Sadly, yes, the summer holidays are over and many of us are entering a very busy month (parents, teachers, kids!). At this time of the year, I find it’s sometimes hard to get a decent meal on the table quickly when there’s so much going on and it’s easy […]
Well, it all worked out in the end…. This week, I picked one of my favourite meals to make with Les Petits Chefs – Jamie Oliver’s “oozy mushroom risotto”. Because little boys would totally adore anything with “oozy” in the title, right? WRONG! Alerted to the fact that many kids don’t like mushrooms (!!) by […]
what are you looking for?
- Maria on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Leslie R on Sweet potato, balsamic-caramelized onion and goat cheese galette
- Pam M on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Chocolate Shavings on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Mardi Michels on Tarte flambée, Flammekueche, Flammkuchen