This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe reminded me so much of some of my earlier attempts at making macarons (oh my gosh I have come so far!!) that from now on, in my classes, I’ll be telling people that if their macarons don’t turn out, they can just sandwich them together with ganache and call […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is very timely, considering it’s American Thanksgiving in a couple of days. Not your typical pumpkin pie, the Cranberry Crackle Tart is a dessert that works well at the end of a heavier meal, because it’s fairly light – not on taste and certainly, it’s an indulgence but it’s […]
I remember the first time I tried this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (p 427) – île flottante – floating islands, sounds so much less romantic in English! It was back in 1988 when I was an exchange student living in Brussels and my host family had taken me out for dinner. They insisted […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen