I’m back with my second post investigating some more of the flavour combinations from the McCormick Flavor Forecast 2012. Last time, I was inspired by the trends presented in the report to create my own flavour combination and ended up with Coconut-chili butternut squash soup, so this time I decided to investigate some of the […]
Merry Christmas! As you read this, you’ll be hoping that Neil and I arrived in Vancouver in one piece, having had to take four different flights (2 each, so separate) to get there, despite the fact that we booked these flights over 9 months ago. And to think we thought Christmas Day would be a […]
This month’s Mactweets theme is one of Seasons and Holidays and I am fortunate that during the last class I taught at Le Dolci, I came up with this happy accident of a macaron – pumpkin pie flavoured They were such a hit that I will be making them again for the seasonal classes in […]
For those of you who read this blog regularly, you will know that macarons are one of my obsessions. Some of you may remember a couple of my early attempts (here, here, and here), then the epiphany of the class at Lenôtre in Paris. Following that class, I had a number of successes and I […]
This month’s Mactweets Challenge, Macs are in the Air, began with “Ah, who cannot but think of Valentine’s Day as soon as we turn the corner and come nose to nose with February?” Errr… me? It’s true, I am not a fan of Saint Valentine’s Day and neither is Mr Neil. I’d much rather surprise […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month