Hmmmm….. we were all a little dubious of this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Warm Scallop Salad with Corn, Nectarines and Basil, p 320-321). I mean, all the components on their own are wonderful but together they sounded odd. But if Dorie says it will work, it generally does. Considered “exotic” by Dorie’s French […]
It’s a testament to how busy I have been in the past couple of weeks that I can barely remember making, photographing and eating this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Lime Honey Beet Salad, p 121). I have a vague recollection of roasting beets very late one evening and peeling them very early the […]
It’s going to be a short French Fridays with Dorie this week. Not only am I posting on the wrong day (yesterday was Charcutepalooza posting day) but I didn’t couldn’t make the recipe properly. No blender or hand immersion blender available in teeny weeny little Paris flat, I am afraid. So instead of the Cold […]
I was a little stumped when this month’s Mactweets theme was announced – Ballpark snacks. I mean, firstly, I have only ever attended one baseball game in my life (in my first year in Canada, Neil took me to the hockey, basketball and baseball, to Canadian-ize me) and it was the most boring thing I […]
what are you looking for?
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Paula on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- S on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Sushma on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)