Today, August 15th 2012 would have been Julia Child’s 100th birthday: a day that’s already been immortalized on Twitter (#JC100) by food writers and bloggers around the globe. Credited as the woman who revolutionized North America’s relationship with food, Julia Child remains a culinary icon whose books, TV series and inimitable culinary style live on […]
Summertime….. and the living is easy… as they say. Except that here in Paris, it’s barely been summer-like weather. But no matter, this week’s JC100 recipe – Ratatouille – was perfect for those of us cooking in cooler conditions than those of you sweltering back home on the east coast. Ratatouille can be comfort food […]
This week’s recipe is one that those of us familiar with Julia Child’s life have been waiting for: Filets of Sole Meuniere, Julia’s first-ever meal in France, from The Way to Cook. In My Life in France, Julia described the sole as “a morsel of perfection” and “the most exciting meal” of her life. It […]
It’s a bit shameful that I didn’t get around to making this – the easiest of all soups – until Saturday of this week, when I received the recipe on Monday. It literally took me 5 minutes to throw together, about 20 minutes of cooking (I chopped the potatoes and leeks very very small to […]
* Culinary icon Julia Child would have turned 100 years old on August 15th of this year. To honor her, the folks at YC Media and Random House/ Alfred A. Knopf are launching the JC100: an international campaign involving restaurants, chefs, bookstores, and bloggers, all celebrating Julia and her legacy. Their goal is to raise one million voices in tribute to Julia, and I […]
what are you looking for?
- Karrie Cheung on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Janet Butler on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)