Located in the Nyaungshwe Township of Taunggyi District of Shan State, Inle is the second largest lake in Burma with a surface area of about 120 km squared and with thriving communities (complete with floating gardens) located in the villages along the lake’s shore (population of the lake – the people are known as the […]
The location of the “floating market” around the Lake changes depending on the day. Click here for the 2013 calendar for the Inle Lake Floating Markets. Check out my iPhone set of photos from Burma here. Related: The Cats of Inle Lake
So here I am, over 2 weeks back from Burma and yet to post one thing about the trip. I’m such a slacker. In actual truth, report cards, stomach flu and the first ever Food Bloggers of Canada conference planning (tickets on sale this Friday – eek!) have kept me pretty busy – so busy […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen