It seems fitting that I am writing about clafoutis – this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (whole-cherry clafoutis, p 452) from Camont in Gascony, home of the fabulous Kate Hill – where I watched as she prepared the most amazing peach clafoutis exactly a year ago. I’d never really been into clafoutis until last […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Wheat Berry and Tuna Salad, p 139) was one I was super excited about – not for the tuna, mind you (I had no intention of making a tuna dish, it’s one of the fish I really cannot eat) – because it involved wheat berries. Wheat berries are […]
It’s Friday! And I’m in France. Finally. If you follow me on Twitter, Flickr or Instagram, you’ll have seen the drama I had trying to get here. Two 12+ hour delays, much sitting around in the airport and at the end of a very long 36 hours, one missing bag. No, I am not a […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Sablé Breton galette with berries, pp 464 – 465) is one of those desserts that looks complicated but it actually really simple – my favourite kind It starts out with a Breton-style galette – think a giant buttery, salty-sweet shortbread-y cookie. Top it with an easy lemon curd […]
I love recipes that can be put together in about 15 minutes, helpful for when you realise you’ve made the wrong Dorie recipe this week and you have only a few hours of sunlight left to get the correct recipe made and photographed in time! This “bread” (though it’s more like a savoury pound cake) […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month