Garbure, huh? Yes, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (garbure, p 86) is a hearty old stew with a ham hock, cabbage and a whole host of other veggies including white beans, turnips, carrots and potatoes. There’s also a duck leg and some garlic sausage. Pure comfort food and perfect for this ridiculous winter. […]
It’s January 6th! Do you know what that means? Well, apart from being “back to work day” for many of us (myself included), it’s Epiphany. Epipha-what? I hear you asking… Epiphany – January 6th – celebrates the visit to the baby Jesus by the Three Kings (the Magi), hence the name of the treat that […]
I love a good sandwich. Specifically, I love a good Croque Monsieur. I’ve been thinking about making one since I got back from France this summer where I had not the best Croque Monsieur I have ever had but a pretty darned tasty one at Café Marly, overlooking the Pyramide du Louvre. Basically a grilled […]
I’ve been a huge fan of Clotilde Dusoulier, author of Chocolate & Zucchini, for many years now. Even before I had my own blog, I read Clotilde. I own and love Clotilde’s Edible Adventures in Paris and Chocolate & Zucchini: Daily Adventures in a Parisian Kitchen and I was thrilled to meet her when she […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie Baking with Julia recipe was for a personal favourite of mine – madeleines (p 334). I’ve made madeleines fairly recently, with the Petits Chefs (from The Bouchon Bakery Cookbook) and I’ve made them before for French Fridays with Dorie. Heck, I even spent an afternoon discussing whether lighter or more […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)