This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is a take on one of my favourite French treats – financiers. Financiers are small cakes, very similar to sponge cakes but contain almond flour and are made with beurre noisette. Typically, they are are baked in small rectangular molds (the name financier is said to come from this […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Financiers, p 454) is a recipe I’ll use again and again – it’s so easy, tastes good and looks good. I mean really, what more could you ask of a dainty French treat? I don’t have financier pans (what IS the matter with me?) Fortunately I’m spending the […]
You say friand, I say financier… This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – coconut friands (p 456) – threw me into a bit of a spin. I have heard my mum talking about friands, which all along I had thought was just a different name for financiers – turns out even Dorie was confused […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): (kinda sorta) Philadelphia Blueberry Corn Tart
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos