Cookbook Book Club is my once a month most months “cooking from the same cookbook” meal with Jan and Jenn, and this month we baked from Edd Kimber’s Pâtisserie made Simple (which I reviewed here). I happen to have made a few recipes already from this gorgeous book – chouquettes, macarons and rough puff pastry […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is a take on one of my favourite French treats – financiers. Financiers are small cakes, very similar to sponge cakes but contain almond flour and are made with beurre noisette. Typically, they are are baked in small rectangular molds (the name financier is said to come from this […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Financiers, p 454) is a recipe I’ll use again and again – it’s so easy, tastes good and looks good. I mean really, what more could you ask of a dainty French treat? I don’t have financier pans (what IS the matter with me?) Fortunately I’m spending the […]
You say friand, I say financier… This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – coconut friands (p 456) – threw me into a bit of a spin. I have heard my mum talking about friands, which all along I had thought was just a different name for financiers – turns out even Dorie was confused […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Sunday in Paris chocolate cake
- Giveaway: Where to Go When (Canada) (CLOSED)