Garbure, huh? Yes, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (garbure, p 86) is a hearty old stew with a ham hock, cabbage and a whole host of other veggies including white beans, turnips, carrots and potatoes. There’s also a duck leg and some garlic sausage. Pure comfort food and perfect for this ridiculous winter. […]
This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge was one I really enjoyed. First of all, nearly all of the options (rillettes, confit and roulade) appealed to me – the galantine I will perhaps try at some point in the future. In any case, as soon as Neil saw that he was able to make duck confit again, he […]
what are you looking for?
- Snow Day Times Four : A PIECE of TOAST // Lifestyle + Fashion Blog // Dallas on Mactweets November: Hot chocolate and marshmallow macarons
- Cakelaw on French Fridays with Dorie: Provençal vegetable soup
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Provençal vegetable soup
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: shrimp-filled zucchini blossoms
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: Coddled Eggs with Foie Gras