This week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish – 20 minute honey glazed duck breasts – really proved that you don’t need a whole lot of time or fancy ingredients to create a gourmet meal. I mean, who ever heard of duck breast ready to eat in 20 minutes? To tell you the truth, though, it […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was one I had been looking forward to making since I first got the book. I love a good burger and so does Neil and really, who can resist a home-made burger – so easy to make and just so much better than store bought. I *just* managed […]
I had planned to make this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Eggplant caviar) last week in France for our final meal. But the eggplants I bought ended up in a pasta sauce instead so I made this in a jetlgged fog on my first day back in Toronto. After two weeks eating and drinking […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Salmon and potatoes in a jar, pp 182-184) might have been a challenge for me, but for the fact that I was able to make it in France and serve it to two people who love salmon (unlike me!). I was excited to make this because I am […]
There is truly nothing more simple than this dish. The only tricky thing is allowing 3 hours for the tomatoes to slow roast in the oven. Which I didn’t. I made Neil photocopy the recipes for the first few weeks of August’s French Fridays with Dorie so we could make them in Alsace (where we […]
what are you looking for?
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Coco in the Kitchen on What’s cooking? Mini chicken pot pies