Another super simple French Fridays with Dorie. This week. Not that I am complaining, mind you ;) A Gorgonzola apple quiche (p 157) – the perfect combination of sweet and salty and savoury with a buttery crust (yes, I made it from scratch!). The dough does need to rest for 3+ hours in the fridge […]
This Friday’s French Fridays with Dorie will be short and sweet. Broth Braised potatoes (page 358) is what I generally do when I boil new potatoes anyway – instead of using plain water, these potatoes are boiled in a broth, enhanced with garlic, lemon zest, bay leaves, rosemary, sage and thyme. A couple of simple […]
With only four ingredients (in equal quantities of each), this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (p 434) was a cinch to whip up. “Quatre quarts” – four quarters in French – is a French version of the traditional pound cake. Of course, it being January and all, I didn’t think Neil and I needed […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (M. Jacques’ Armagnac chicken, pp 204-205) was one I had been looking forward to for a while. I love a roast chicken – in fact, it’s often our “go to” meal when we can’t think of something else to cook. This way we’ll have leftovers for weekday lunches […]
I’m actually a little in shock. After finding out earlier in the week that this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was Bubble Top Brioche (pp 496-497), I approached the task with great trepidation – bready, yeasty things and I not generally being the best of friends. Having arrived back from the West Coast late […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on Flourless chocolate-hazelnut cake for World Nutella Day 2014
- Jessica on Flourless chocolate-hazelnut cake for World Nutella Day 2014
- Ann Mah on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Sunshine G on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils
- Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)