I’ll have to be honest and say that I wasn’t too excited about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe: Cheesy crème brûlées (p 148). Not that I don’t like cheese but it just sounded odd. A cheesy custard with a cheesy crust on top? Maybe a little too cheesy… But no matter, trying new […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish is set to become a firm favourite in this house. Indeed, chicken breasts diable (p 217) was not only easy but ridiculously tasty – one of those dishes that tastes like you’ve been in the kitchen way longer than you actually have! The use of the word diable […]
It seems I’ve been making a lot of soups lately. Which I am totally ok with. Neil’s been out a lot in the evenings recently and when I am on my own at home for dinner, I’m pretty lazy and usually just have cereal or toast. In the bitter cold winter days we’ve been experiencing […]
Decadence, thy name is boca negra. Seriously chocolately, this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie/ Baking with Julia pick (p. 253) is one to make when you are expecting friends. Twelve or more of them to be exact. When I read the ingredients – chocolate, sugar, butter, eggs and a 1.5 tablespoons of flour, I thought it […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (coeur à la crème, p 425) was one I’d been waiting to try. It’s a recipe I know very well – my mum used to make these when I was in my teens, for dinner parties (we entertained a LOT – must be where I get the love […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on Flourless chocolate-hazelnut cake for World Nutella Day 2014
- Jessica on Flourless chocolate-hazelnut cake for World Nutella Day 2014
- Ann Mah on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Sunshine G on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils
- Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)