Hmmmm….. we were all a little dubious of this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Warm Scallop Salad with Corn, Nectarines and Basil, p 320-321). I mean, all the components on their own are wonderful but together they sounded odd. But if Dorie says it will work, it generally does. Considered “exotic” by Dorie’s French […]
Hurrah! After last week’s pie with a lid for Tuesdays with Dorie, this week was much more my speed – a rustic galette filled with mixed berries (p 377). Sadly though in my attempt to be organised for Tuesdays with Dorie, I accidentally bought the ingredients for this week’s crust last week and then this […]
It’s a short and sweet French Fridays with Dorie post this week. I’m currently in Epernay, working hard learning all about the elaboration of champagne. If you don’t believe me, look at Mr Neil, working hard at Moët et Chandon…. Note-taking and everything…. In any case, many thanks to the lovely Cher for scanning and […]
Uh huh, so yeah, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was a lovely sounding Salmon with Basil Tapenade (p 299). Lovely if you like salmon. Which I don’t. If I was at home I would have made this for Mr Neil but since I am not (and I was shopping for this on Monday […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie was one I had been dreading a little – not because I didn’t think Blueberry-Mascarpone Roulade (p 442) didn’t sound scrumptious but because I’m baking in Paris. Sans proper baking equipment. And you know, I didn’t really want to head out and drop a bunch of Euros on a […]
what are you looking for?
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!