I made this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Chicken, apples and cream à la Normande, p 218) last weekend and it was so delicious that I KNEW I had to try it out with my Petits Chefs (on the heels of their successful foray into The Smitten Kitchen). It’s a simple dish – pan […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Creamy cauliflower soup sans cream, p 68) was most definitely a serendipitous choice – not only did I have all the ingredients on hand but also some withering, odd-shaped carrots that needed using up (above). The soup is a simple one – with onion, garlic, celery, cauliflower and […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie (beef cheef daube with carrots and elbow macaroni, p 246) was served to some friends who came over for a “blog food” dinner as I am wont to do every now and then… A “blog food dinner” for those of you not in the know is when you look […]
Thankful this week for an easy French Fridays with Dorie recipe (herbed olives p 16). Olives macerated in olive oil flavoured with rosemary, thyme, coriander, black peppercorns, fennel seeds, garlic, bay leaves and chile flakes with a little orange zest in there for good measure – the easiest hors d’oeuvre ever! These were lovely just […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie/ Baking with Julia recipe (Best Ever Brownies, pp 331 – 332) has quite the name to live up to, huh? Not just “best” but “best ever”. Well it seemed like a simple enough recipe from the ingredients – flour, butter, chocolate, sugar, eggs. Billed as “soft, dark, baked until just […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!